Vær opmærksom på, at mange services og tilbud i Københavns Kommune er lukket eller ændret pga. corona-virus. Se her, hvordan de forskellige områder fungerer i de næste uger, og hvordan du kommer i kontakt med os.
Union is a culture house located on Nørre Allé 7 in Nørrebro in Copenhagen. Union was called the World Culture Center until March 2019, where we changed our name. The culture hpouse has existed since 1993 and has, throughout the years, been a lighthouse for intercultural work in Denmark. Over 20 different associations and organizations are located in Union, and many more have regular activities in the house. Union disposes of the venue Aula on the 1st floor, a dance room, audio studios, meeting rooms and much more. The socioeconomic restaurant Send Flere Krydderier (Send More Spices) provides the culinary experiences in the café. The venue ALICE (a fusion of Jazzhouse and Global) is housed in Union's concert hall in the backyard, and the artists that ALICE puts on stage in Union and at guest venues around the city are leading artists of jazz, electronic and global roots. The vast majority of the cultural content at Union consists of citizen-initiated co-creation projects with an intercultural focus, such as theater, spoken word, screenings, exhibitions and concerts. More than 400 events take place in Union annually.
Union is a cultural center under the City of Copenhagen, and is part of the unit DIT: KBH which also houses Kraftwerket, Huset Kbh, Krudttønden, Onkel Dannys Plads, Basement and Kulturhuset Indre By.
- In Union, we believe it is more beautiful to mix than to divide. We want to show that the beauty and the fruitful are found in the composed.
- In Union you get international views and global insight through engaging experiences in the fields of culture and knowledge.
- In Union you are in a cultural laboratory. Union engages in your time and your society. The diversity of Copenhagen, creativity and dilemmas are reflected in our profile.
- In Union, compromise is a positive word. Because when we make compromises, we engage with others in a process where we give away power, alter our oppinons and meet each other with curiosity.
- In Union we believe that the good experiences arise when we ourselves can help put our imprint on the experience. We move as people when we participate actively and create new knowledge in interaction with others.
- In Union, we have a committed community that is both stimulating and challenging. The ambitious organizations that live here are part of Union because they dare to take the lead and set the agenda within their respective fields. They characterize Union in their daily work, just as they challenge and inspire far beyond the walls of the culture house.